Wednesday 22 April 2015

Pigs head and Kombucha

16:25
 I brought a pigs head from the supermarket to make some bone broth, it was quite meaty and I added carrots, marrow, and a few other veges, and some angle hair noodles, the broth is very jellified so I mixed some of those meat off the head, and made a sort of a brawn, I didn't like the brawn, it was a bit bland for my taste, but boy oh boy, my new cat Terabyte looves it, I guess its jelliment without the nasty catfood smell.... Terabyte is still shy, but likes the food I'm giving.... t
here will be about 3 or 4 kgs of food, plus some broth for me, and while I will freeze most of the jellimeat, and give other foods as well
I know most people will be grossed out, but I think Terabyte is a lucky cat, and will be a healthy spoilt cat.

17:18
Kombucha I just sampled my 1st brew of kombucha and you know, its not to bad at all. Definitely ready, so I'm just boiling the jug, to start soaking the next lots of teabags, I made it in three big containers the first time, and while the scoby's all look odd, and each batch tastes a bitch different, I'm already planning how to make changes to brewing times, and ingredients used. I've decided to use a crockpot for the next brew, that will make a massive scoby lol....

I don't have anything thats not steel to cut the scoby's with, I guess i could put gloves on and tear it apart.... the new scoby is sorta stuck to the mothers I used. I'll do a test run, using just a piece of scoby, rather than a full round, pretty sure all you need is some scoby.... anyway, this is fun.
What with drink Kombucha and hemp seed oil, I should be healthy in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment