Saturday 9 May 2015

Got my chookies and stroke 4 years ago

13:26
I have been given 4 laying hens, earlier in the week, and got another 4 eggs today. Yahhh I love my hens.. (Chooks) they love me and reward me with at least 3 eggs a day... I gave 6 away the other day to my fisherman neighbour, and got a fillet of Salmon, I have 7 eggs again now, so will give 6 to my front neighbour, and eat the last one for dinner...

Nothing like eating an egg that is less than a few hours from being laid. Lovely dark yolks, and I know exactly what they have eaten, so know my eggs are healthy as well...

Oh, i just thought, I was reading about putting an egg in kombucha and letting it dissolve the shell, to add calcium to the kombucha. I will try that with an egg tomorrow

14:39
Om my goodness, I'm just drinking kombucha with second ferment with kiwifruit.... YUMMY, its so neat to drink something so good that is also so good for you.

I was reading last night, if you alcohol and make a cocktail with kombucha, the damage alcohol does to your liver, is offset by the healing properties of this drink.... I'm going to take some to a friend that has a still, see what he thinks of the mix, maybe he could make a healthy vodka

17:00
I just realised today is the anniversary of my stoke, 4 years ago today.... heck I have come a LONG way back since then. I have a special empathy for folks that have had a stroke, something I would never have known, if I never had a stroke, I always used to think that a stroke was only about movement and speech loss, and once there were back, your life would be back to normal.... That stroke taught me a lot that's for sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment