Monday 9 March 2015

Welcome Back Nancy

I'm so so so happy, and friend of mine, from the states, that went offline almost 2 years ago, has just come back onto facebook YAHHHHH.....

I have my old mate back, to play in the corridors and siderooms and generally get up to mischief with on facebook.....

Any of my other friends that read this, I need a favour, many of you know about the power of good thoughts, my friend dear Nancy has a very old grumpy laptop, that is nearing its end, could you all send good thoughts, that a newer laptop will find its way into her life. Maybe someone near where she lives is upgrading, and could pass the older newer one on maybe one with windows 7 on it. Many thanks, I know something will happen for you Nancy and Welcome Back!!!!!

That Night We all know we should drink water, right.... but I really, really, REALLY don't like water, especially town water, and I'm too much of a miser to buy water, recently I have been making my own flavoured water, and its good, easy enough to make, just 3/4 fill a jug with water, added sliced up fruit or vegetables, tonights brew is 1/2 small lemon, some apple peels, and and 1/2 a peach, mint. todays, celery, 3 slices cucumber, mint leaves,
yesterdays was, sliced cucumber, 1/3 sliced orange
other days, tbsp apple cider vinegar, teaspoon honey, peels and core of nashi pear, chopped up herbs, sliced tomatoe,

When I get a grater, I'm going to try grated carrot or beetroot, maybe a wee bit ginger to spice it up.... will also try grated apples, cucumber etc, am thinking I will find I need less and still get the flavour...

I make these brews up at night and leave in fridge overnight, first drink in the morning is now whatever brew I have made.

Point is, my waterjug holds about 5 glasses, I use very little fruit or veg, and its amazing how much the water taste has changed. So now getting 5 glasses of water a day, a different taste everyday, or preservatives, no added sugar, except for honey, which I have stopped using now, I was only using for a cough I had.

I'm going to keep an eye open for a larger water container, I'm really enjoying my new brews, I thought I would try make sun tea next sunny day, just add a teabag or two to a container of cold water, and leave in sun to brew for a few hours... way cheaper, much healthier and more fun than buying water or flavoured water at supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment