Friday 23 October 2015

Taking painkillers again

Just something to think about.
All my friends know that I live with chronic pain, and have done since breaking my back 20 odd years ago. Last year in April, I decided to stop taking painkillers, which I was had been taking at least 2 x 2 a day and sometimes 2 x 3 times a day, so between 240 and 360 painkillers a month, plus all the muscle relaxants and gaberpentin etc etc, for 19 years. I talked often then about after the initial withdrawing from them that lasted about a week, that the pain I had left was only about 30-50% of the pain I suffered from all those years previously.
Since April last year, I would take a painkiller every now and then, and used about 40 in a year, instead of 240 and 360 a month....
Recently I have been very sick, and the doctor prescribed some painkillers, and over the past couple of weeks, I started taking painkillers pretty regularly, 1 or 2 a day. I took the last one last night, and wholly hell, now I'm in agony, I haven't felt this bad since I went though the withdrawals April 2014.
I know bloody well the pain isn't really this bad, I'm withdrawing again, honestly if I could, I would kick myself around the block a few times, how stupid could I be, to think a couple weeks taking them again wouldn't hurt....
I have some magnesium oil brewing on the stove, so in 20 minutes or so I'll use that, and it should calm my muscles down again so no worries about me.
I also have my pain relief cream that I sell through this page on facebook.. https://www.facebook.com/LynnysHerbalPotions/

And last year when I stopped them all it only took about 3 days to start feeling ok, and a week to get them out of my system, and start to feel much much better So I'll be ok by Monday or so.

However if you are living on painkillers, and have been for a long time, have a serious think about how the painkillers themselves, and not the original pain you are taking them for, just could be drastically increasing your pain levels...

Update: I found out after making this post, that a dear friend of mine, has stopped taking her painkillers too, although she went through hell, she's now back at work as a truckdriver... I couldn't be happier for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment